Wednesday, March 07, 2007

an update, of sorts


Geez, it's been a while since I updated here, hasn't it. Oops. Was never meant to be that long. I blame... ah, the cheese?

Anyway, first up, a question (or four): Did I lend my copy of the book Perfume by Patrick Süskind to you? Or was it to your partner? Or was it to my mum? Is that even how you spell Süskind? I don't know the answer to any of these questions. Please help.

Secondly, you need to know that t-shirts of awesomeness, Threadless are having a sale until March 12th. You may know them from such classics as Meat is Murder, Tasty tasty murder and Shakespeare hates your emo poems. My bank balance, of course, doesn't benefit at all from this knowledge. I have a new rule for myself: No black t-shirts (don't wear 'em) and no pale blue t-shirts (too many already). That should restrain me a little, eh? Damn that pretty 'Sea Foam' green one, now only $US10 plus shipping...

Thirdly, a picture of my darling Toby.

It's our one year 'anniversary' on Sunday. One year since I paid some money over and took him home in a cardboard box on the tram. I can't imagine life without him now. (No, that is not the cardboard box.)

He likes to keep his real identity a bit of a secret on the interwebs.

Coming soon, a picture of Toby, as Dalek.

7 Comments:

At March 07, 2007 5:29 pm, Blogger nixwilliams said...

OMG TOBY!!!!!!!!!! perfume parfum etc. wasn't me. no sirree!!! i will buy you an early birthday present in celebration of my first real job. you get a t-shirt and i'll pay you back. sound like a deal?

 
At March 07, 2007 5:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what t-shirt and what deal? is there Ash involved? oh, you mean threadless. I see. haha. you know, as soon as I posted this post, i went and bought that t-shirt, the greeny one. i have no will power. *le sigh* But that would be early. And what abouts SPN S1, I asks ya? I ain't forgotten... ;-)

congrats on the job btw. you rocks the world.

 
At March 07, 2007 5:48 pm, Blogger nixwilliams said...

well, what are you doing on sunday afternoon? watching spn? with me?

i thought you were all OH I CAN'T AFFFFFORD TSHIRTS WOE WOE WOE IS MEEEEEEEE!!! . . . ? so i offered to buy you one. because i'm THAT NICE.

 
At March 07, 2007 5:48 pm, Blogger thebooklender said...

i don't have your perfume. i've got my perfume, and you are welcome to borrow it, only it's midway down a pile of very large books... er, i mean a very large pile of (averagely sized) books that are waiting to be read. by me. i buy too many books. maybe i should stop until i've caught up on my piles.

maybe i should rephrase...

 
At March 07, 2007 5:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha. bd, you make me snicker. mmm, snickers... (actually, I'm more of a mars fan.)

nix, you ARE nice. Don't let me insinuate otherwise, you naughty naughty boy. and you can buy me whatever your heart desireths. a t-shirt, a scooter, a house... anything! - and Sunday! Yes! Is GO! yayyayayayyayayay! *xena war cry*

 
At March 08, 2007 5:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so (too) often i have glanced over this here blog and sadly found no update so you can imagine my excitement at this one! yay!
i don't have your book or partner or any of the above but i did however look at it in a bookstore the other day(instead i purchased actual perfume though so i finally smell like myself again...)..so i could always buy a copy and pretend it was yours in which case you could then demand i send it to you and i would do so swifter than a cheaply priced and oh so cool threadless t'shirt would take to be delivered..
on that note i'm off to look at threadless..although so far i haven't bought any bc i am really only wanting to purchase black tshirts..but i did think seriously about that shakespeare/emo one recently...
as for toby
oh the petal, im go glad i got to meet him in real life despite having been gone when you got him and gone for 11 out of the 12 months you have had him!
also
i spend so much time with cats these days. maybe one day i'll even become somewhat of a cat-liker (?) time will tell. although i saw one spew the other day and i was very glad it was not my duty to deal with such a situation.
miss you so much estini
one day when i am not working in my somewhat uninspiring job or doing whatever else it is that i seem to be busy every day doing i will give you a call :)
xoxoxoxo
ps. cheesemonger was actually my job title! as in officially! also my cheese shop features in a short story by a scottish writer who's name i can't remember but will find out and tell you one day..

 
At March 12, 2007 2:11 pm, Blogger Esther said...

hey ez,

i wish cheesemonger was my job title. I don't have one - officially. but if i did it would probably be something like 'customer service ho' or 'you keep an eye on the counter and stop talking about jarvis cocker' (who i am going to see next week - hilarious!), or some such like.

i miss you too and shall try update here a little bit more often....

xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home