Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I blame the David Bowie Demons...

Oh dude, it really is true that each year you are out of uni more of your brain cells desert you or die or relocate into grey hair. Not that I've noticed any grey hairs on myself yet, but I notice the lack of working brain cells.

Either that, or the David Bowie Demons (who live in the ceiling) had actually borrowed my copy of Perfume - which you recall I was seeking in my last entry - and had only recently returned it to my bookshelf. Because I swear I searched the bookshelf for it before I posted that, and now, only now, can see it there, nestled up against Isabel Allende's The Stories of Eva Luna. Buggerations. But at least I found my book!

In other news, thinking about the David Bowie Demons makes me recall that just such a phenomenon was mentioned in that thing I fondly, indulgently refer to as "my novel". Even my mother has now taken up saying that I'm "pretending" to be a writer while also being a slave to cheese. Of course, if I would actually write something, then maybe it would be different. Maybe I should make the last so-far-unwritten chunk of the "novel" a Supernatural-style hunt for David Bowie Demons by the main characters (you will recall the dwarf Sam and the train-wreck Lola, who make up the band The Satanic Mechanics). Whoever said plots have to make sense? Also, why don't the boys on Supernatural ever hunt David Bowie Demons? It's almost like such a thing only exists inside my brain-cell-reduced head.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At March 21, 2007 9:48 pm, Blogger thebooklender said...

i have a bowie related gift for you. we must meet so that i can give it ya...

 
At March 21, 2007 9:54 pm, Blogger nixwilliams said...

BUGGERATIONS is an awesome word.

now, write!!! i command it!

 
At March 21, 2007 10:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bd: yes! please! is it david bowie, young, pretty and skinny as he is in my picture? and mulleted? i will not accept it if it is not the case.

nix: now, commanding me to write. is this writing just anything? or the end of the "novel": the David Bowie Demon hunt wherein Sam=Sam and Lola=Dean and they have an Impala, which clearly is what my "novel" is lacking thus far. Also, what will you do if I flout your commandment?

 
At March 22, 2007 8:04 am, Blogger thebooklender said...

sorry, it is not the case. that means you will not accept it. oh, well. i'll just keep it for myself, then, shall i?

 
At March 22, 2007 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh noes! I take it back! If it is old and wrinkly Bowie, then I'll have him too. Or anything Bowie related. I'm a Bowie whore you know. But not Iggy. I won't take Iggy. ;-)

 
At March 26, 2007 7:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here
they say his name
david bow ie
with the bow said like the thing you do at the end of a concert you may be playing in as part of, say, your school band
as opposed to the thing you tie or the tie you may well wear kind of bow

oh heavens
my braincells are fully mush.
today i became renovatiopn rescue girl and now i am tired.

also
the time difference between our parallell worlds is fully is HUGE now :(

 
At March 26, 2007 9:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ez! You're right - the time difference is HUGE now :-( It seems as though because daylight saving ended, the weather suddenly has turned a bit cold (probably nothing to you). But it must be a bit cold, because Toby is all snuggled up in my lap while I sit at my desk - something he hasn't done in a while. Keeps my lap warm though!
Good to hear from you, my dear.
xxx

 
At March 28, 2007 6:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm a similar thing is happening here - just because we went into daylight saving time people are out and about in t'shirts. oh 12 degrees what a heatwave!
cute snaps of toby!
oh the wee petal :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home